Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Week 17


April 24, 2011 - Tonight we had a HUGE storm - thunder, lightening, crazy rain, hail, you name it. Maggie, as we all know, does not do well in storms. So what do we do? We take her with us to get coffee so she won't be alone in the house during the storm. Nothing like being trapped in a glass prison in the middle of the storm to calm the neurotic dog down.


April 25, 2011 - And the storms keep coming! Tonight we got out all our lanterns and flashlights, just in case the power went out, and watched a movie together. It turned out to be a pretty good evening.


April 26, 2011 - I love starting my days like this.


April 27, 2011 - I bought this. At a thrift store. But don't worry, this is supposed to be my "before" picture, a la newdressaday.com. This is the goal for what it's supposed to end up like. I might mess it up, but messing up a thrift store dress is cheaper than messing up fabric, so one way or another, I'm going to learn how to sew!


April 28, 2011 - Tonight I was so tired that Maggie and I fell asleep on the couch together. I was still in my work clothes and everything. Usually, Jack wakes me up and takes me to bed a few hours later, but instead...


April 29, 2011 - ...I woke up at 4:30 a.m., still on the couch, this on TV. And Jack was still awake. He had stayed up all night (presumably playing computer games or something). I was really annoyed at the time, but we watched the whole Royal Wedding live and it turned out to be incredibly riveting. We went to bed at 6:30 a.m., and slept until about noon. In retrospect, I'm glad we saw it live.


April 30, 2011 - It's finally BikeMS day!! I got up at 5 this morning (I'm not really liking this new trend!) and headed to Frisco with my parents and the Bedenbaughs, and like every year, we headed out for the 86-mile ride (and that's just day one!) I've never actually made it the whole way before, but this time, I did! I rode every single mile! This is my awesome team outside our team tent. I couldn't believe how great they were this year.

No comments: