Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Week 18


May 1, 2011 - Today was supposed to be Day 2 of BikeMS, but it got very, very rained out. I spent the morning answering calls from the MS Society, updating our Twitter and Facebook page, and returning calls to people on my team, then went back to bed. We got back up around 8 and headed home. The MS Society handled this change beautifully and I didn't mind not riding on day two - My only goal is to raise money to help cure my mom!



May 2, 2011 - I ended up with some weird tan/burn lines. As it turns out, you should apply sunscreen more than once if you're going to be out for 10 hours. Lesson learned.



May 3, 2011 - About a week ago, I really wanted some dill pickles, so I splurged and bought a jar at the store. When I got it home, I realized I had accidentally picked up jalapeƱo dill. Which was fine, but not what I was craving at all. So today, Jack walked in with not one, but two jars of dill pickles - the good kind!! I was so excited that I opened one of the jars right then and there... and proceeded to spill the juice ALL OVER MYSELF. Smooth.



May 4, 2011 - Today is my mom's birthday!! We went to PF Chang's after work and then I brought over Angel Food cake and fresh strawberries. It was fun!



May 5, 2011 - Happy Cinco de Mayo! For lunch today, we went to a little Mexican grocery store/meat market that has the BEST authentic Mexican tacos and brought back four pounds of it (and plenty of cilantro and lime!) It was a fantastic meal. Viva la Puerto Rico!



May 6, 2011 - My husband cracks me up.



May 7, 2011 - I walked outside today and was literally startled by the state of our backyard. The weeds have totally taken over. This picture doesn't even do it justice. It was wild!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a good week. Pickles... hmmm..... i do love dill pickles.