Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Week 19


May 8, 2011 - Happy Mother's Day! We spent most of the day doing yard work, but tonight we took my mom to BJ's for dinner. One of my favorite restaurants and one of my favorite people!


May 9, 2011 - This picture is from yesterday, but it kind of represented my day today too. Because 1) Our yards look AWESOME today after we pulled weeds, edged, mowed, and swept up for three hours. But 2) I am SO SORE after we pulled weeds, edged, mowed, and swept up for three hours.


May 10, 2011 - Tonight we opened a bottle of wine that we bought in Wimberly about five years ago. We kept trying to wait until a really special occasion to open it since it was more than we would normally spend on wine and you can only get it in Texas, but after we picked up a bunch more bottles different Texas wines during our last trip to Wimberly, we figured we might as well finally drink this one. Unfortunately, it was a little vinegary, but I'm glad we finally opened it!


May 11, 2011 - I have been trying to figure out how to use a piping bag and tips for the last few weeks, and tonight I think I finally figured out how to hold it! I made these strawberry cupcakes with chocolate cream cheese/vanilla icing tonight, and I'm kind of proud about how they turned out!


May 12, 2011 - Today we had a video shoot for work after lunch. As you can tell by my pose here, I am incredibly important.


May 13, 2011 - I love Fridays off. Today Jack had to meet with his business partner, who just so happens to also own a little floating restaurant out on the lake. I went with him and spent the time outside siting on the dock with my feet splashing in the lake, listening to my book until my (amazing, delicious) burger was ready. Beautiful day.


May 14, 2011 - Today was another beautiful day, and we spent the day at Six Flags with a bunch of people from the karate school. It was really fun, although the crowds were CRAZY because the weather was so nice. The new Texas Giant is SO cool!

No comments: