Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Week 16


April 17, 2011 - Today was my BikeMS team's official training ride, and I did 35 miles. It was the shortest route you could take, but it just about killed me! For dinner, I asked for a Jason's Deli baked potato - I needed the potassium. And the cheese. Lots and lots of cheese.


April 18, 2011 - When Jack left this morning, Maggie stayed right where she was when he left and stared at the store like she missed him and wanted him to come back. It was really cute, and kind of sad.


April 19, 2011 - Today my mom came home to a brand new bike - my dad surprised her with it. It's beautiful, and much lighter than her hybrid. I think it will make BikeMS a lot easier for her.


April 20, 2011 - When Jack takes Maggie to my parents' house for "doggie daycare" in the morning, he has her sit and stay, then opens the door, picks her up, and puts her in the truck. It's so cute.


April 21, 2011 - I have been so busy with BikeMS planning lately that I haven't updated the Murphy ATA website, and it was in desperate need of updating. So tonight, Jack didn't let me go to bed until it was done (okay, he wasn't mean about it or anything.) It's not super-pretty, but it does the job for now.


April 22, 2011 - It's Good Friday! Jack and I had such a nice day together. We spent the day driving around, visiting thrift stores and a few Pawn shops just for fun, then we ate lunch at Kelly's Eastside, a little Aggie-run restauruant with the best buffalo shrimp sandwich on the planet. We ended the evening with at Mi Cocina in Watters Creek and then we sat on the grass and listened to music for a few minutes. When the band finished, Jack and I didn't want to leave, so we stayed and played scrabble ("Words with Friends") back and forth on our phones. We had such a fun time together!


April 23, 2011 - Well, we definitely have ground beef in the house now. 40 pounds of it, to be precise. I started buying meat from this wholesaler and I've been really happy with the quality and price - it's just that you have to buy it by the case. You can, of course, split it with another family, but I found that I have really enjoyed having meat in the freezer all the time, so I decided to keep the whole 40. It's a lot of work to package up in quart-sized baggies, but I know it's going to be totally worth it later!

No comments: