Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Week 15


April 10, 2011 - GROSS. My parents asked Jack if he wanted them to take him out for a birthday dinner, and they just HAD to suggest Panchos, this all-you-can-eat Mexican place that he just loves. Sometimes with Jack, it's about quantity over quality.

--


April 11, 2011 - Today after work, my mom and I went for a bike ride. We had a good time, and I totally tricked her into having to ride up this terrible hill. At the top, we stopped and took this picture. I think she forgave me.

--


April 12, 2011 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JACK! Today was Jack's 32nd birthday, and after he got home from work, my parents came over to help us celebrate. I made him a yellow cake with chocolate icing (from the BOX and the CAN, NOT from scratch, even though I offered - that's what he wanted), plus a steak, baked potato, and salad with real bacon on both. I didn't have any cake candles, so he blew out a regular one. I don't think he minded though.

--


April 13, 2011 - Seriously, I don't know what is happening to my husband. This (meatless!) salad was what he ate for dinner. That's IT. I'm so proud.

--


April 14, 2011 - Tonight, there was a HUGE storm, and Miss Maggie does NOT like storms. At all. I read on the internet that it helps dogs if you put a t-shirt on them, and so I put one of mine on her. Surprisingly, it actually did calm her down a bit! She still had to be RIGHT ON TOP of me the whole time, but it was an improvement from her constant pawing at me to get me to pet her and hold her. My poor little wimpy dog.

--


April 15, 2011 - Jack spent most of the day at a tournament, so I did a lot of baking today. And, as they say, you can't win them all. I was trying to make blue velvet cupcakes (I ran out of red food coloring), and for some reason, they REALLY didn't work out. They kept overflowing and sinking in. I ended up taking the ugly cupcakes and making cake balls out of them.

--


April 16, 2011 - Tomorrow morning is our team's official BikeMS training ride, so my co-captain and the captain of our sister team (?) spent the day driving the route and marking it with arrows at the turns. We actually had a lot of fun doing it, and we learned quite a bit about marking paint - like that you should take the lid off before you try to spray it. Who knew?

2 comments:

Susan said...

Great shots.

Happy Birthday to your hubby.

I love that cake, one of my favorites!!!

packmom said...

I love that you got a shot of your baking failure and that you still made the most of them by doing cake balls instead. Good for you!