Sunday, January 22, 2012

Week 3

Week 3


January 15, 2012 – It’s Michelle!!! This morning we had breakfast with Michelle at Hullaballoo Diner in College Station before we left, and oh my gosh, that place is amazing. The biscuits and gravy were incredible, and the pancakes were bigger than Jack’s whole hand. It was crazy good. Also great to see Michelle again!


January 16, 2012 – Our new office? Is a mess. But we’re getting there. I spent most of the day creating a system for our INSANE disorganized cables, so that’s going to be good. It will be nice to get all settled in and cleaned up… someday!


January 17, 2012 – Today after I worked at the school I went home and started cooking Jack’s favorite sausage corn chowder (SO good, especially on cold nights like tonight!) and packaging up veggies in snack-sized bags so we can just grab them. Jack was so nice to help me cook while I did that, and when I dropped a handful of cucumbers on the floor, he was super-pleased because apparently, “Cucumbers are gross and Satan likes cucumbers.” Uh. Okay.


January 18, 2012 – Tonight I made the Pioneer Woman’s “perfect pot roast” and from-scratch garlic mashed potatoes. I called it “comfort food” and Jack said “actually, it’s UNCOMFORTABLE food, because I ate so much of it that I’m really uncomfortable in these pants.”


January 19, 2012 – Tonight I Skyped with Ellyn, and got to see my godson Coen too. I really wish we lived closer but I am also so thankful for technology that lets us see each other face-to-face! Coen was totally interacting with me on Skype – it’s wild to think that a 6-month-old can smile and respond to stuff you’re saying to them from 1,000 miles away! I love it.



January 20, 2012 – Tonight, we celebrated. For lots of reasons. We enjoyed a lovely dinner at Bonnie Ruth’s including some good wine, great food, and amazing dessert. I love date nights with Jack.


January 21, 2012 – Today Jack and I cleaned up our messy house, which included taking down the Christmas tree, which we had been putting off because NINE FOOT TREES ARE HARD TO PUT AWAY. We laughed so hard today though – we had the hardest time getting it taken apart.

No comments: