Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Week 2

Week 2

January 8, 2012 – Oh, my charming date. I love him so. Jack and I spent most of the day cleaning up the house after ignoring the squalor during our weekend Friday Night Lights marathon, and for dinner we went to our favorite little Mexican restaurant, Jalapeños, also known in our house as “Tamales,” “Margaritas,” and “Tequila’s,” depending on which name we can remember at the moment.


January 9, 2012 – Tonight I was working late when I got a frantic call from my friend Debbie, who had lost her wallet and asked me to check if it was on her desk. It wasn’t. She called the place she had had lunch, and they didn’t have it either. I went out and walked to the restaurant she had earlier in the day just to see if it was still on the ground, and I didn’t find it there. On a whim, I decided to go into another nearby restaurant to see if somebody had turned it in there, and lo and behold, someone had! All the credit cards and money were there too – it kind of restored my faith in humanity.


January 10, 2012 – Tonight I made cupcakes for Joanna’s birthday, and the best part is that I get to take them to work in my new cupcake carrier that Jack got me for Christmas! I love it!


January 11, 2012 – Happy birthday, Joanna! We all had lunch together and put this awesome sparkler firework thing into one of the cupcakes. Unsafe? Probably. Fun? Definitely.


January 12, 2012 – My office has been packed and is ready to be moved tomorrow. It’s a little sad, actually. I really liked working in this office. It was my own little space for almost four years.


January 13, 2012 – And this is my new office! We spent the day moving our stuff over and setting up our new desks at work. It was tiring work but I do like my new little space. I have a new office roommate, Eric, and I’m excited to “room” with him because we get along so well.


January 14, 2012 – Talk about a beautiful bride! Today Jack and I went to College Station for Brynn’s wedding – she made a beautiful bride and it was fun to see some of our taekwondo friends. So happy for them!

No comments: