Thursday, January 7, 2010

January 7

When my alarm went off this morning, I was really not excited about getting up. I was super-tired, and on my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth, I tweeted "Dear work, Today would be a really good day to let me stay in bed. Kthanks."

On my way out the door, Jack lovingly reminded me to please be careful because there could be patches of ice on the road.


"Yeah, they said something about that at work yesterday," I replied. "I should check my e-mail and see if work is closed." But then I glanced at our dry driveway and decided there was no way they would close it in conditions like these.





But actually, it was closed, since the schools were closed. So I could have slept in after all. After I got there though, I figured I might as well stay and get things finished for my deadlines. As it turns out, I'm much more productive at work when my co-workers aren't there, so it's still a win.

1 comment:

Homeschooling6 said...

Good morning Mandy :) My dh gets so much work done when he stays late or goes in on Sat. (he doesn't do that anymore though)
You said the schools are closed. Maybe we can close down our homeschool for the day. LOL.

Stay safe,
Linda<><