Wednesday, January 6, 2010

January 6

Jack has been so ridiculously excited about my meal plan. I made it to make my life easier (and it has!! I feel so much more relaxed when I know what's for dinner!), but as soon as Jack saw it he went nuts. "It's all my favorite things!" he said. "Oh look! Sloppy joes! Ooooo! Cajun chicken! Wow!"

Every day, he looks at the meal plan and tells his friends what he's getting for dinner that night. Tonight, I made Italian stew (which I loved but he thought was just okay) and fresh-baked bread (yes, it was a frozen dough loaf, okay?). He took the bread with wide eyes and reverence.



"You made this bread?" he asked, skeptically.

"Yes," I answered. I did take it out of the freezer, let it rise, and put it in the oven, after all.

"Wait, like, made-made it?" he asked, still stunned.

"Why does it matter?" I asked.

"I just... didn't know that you knew how to make bread!" he explained carefully. "And if you did make bread, well, I'm going to need to tell my friends at work about this. And, well, if you didn't actually make the bread, I mean... I just have to get my facts right, okay?"

Um. Okay, honey.

No comments: