Saturday, December 26, 2009

December 26


I'm beginning to realize that good ideas do not originate in the drug store hair color aisle.

Last night, when I was with my mother-in-law in the hair color aisle, I picked up a box. And I thought, I've been wanting to make a change for a few months now. I could be blond again. And when I asked Jack what he thought about it, he said "whatever."

And so my mother-in-law colored my hair last night. And it turned orange. Not neon-orange like it did in high school, mind you, but orangey-blond none-the-less.

And I looked at everybody and was all "it'll fade before I go back to work on Tuesday, right? Right? Right?" And they all looked back at me and at each other and were awkwardly silent as if I had just asked them if my butt looked big in these pants.

Needless to say, I made a trip to the salon today.

No comments: