Thursday, August 6, 2009

August 6

I arrived home and noticed that our front lawn was mowed.

Awwww! Jack mowed our lawn! And on his busy day at work too! I thought.

When I got inside, I opened up his laptop, opened a Word document, and typed a nice message to him.

Thank you for mowing our lawn, husband! I love living with you!

When it came time to make dinner, I went into the kitchen and opened the pantry, noticing a box of red beans and rice on one of the shelves.

"Jack loves Cajun food! Since he was so nice to mow the lawn today, I'll make him a special dinner - Cajun grilled chicken, red beans and rice, and fresh green beans," I thought.

And it was an awesome meal. Not only did I go all out with the Cajun-ness (when Jack took his first bite of chicken he made a loud yummy noise and said "you nailed it."), I decided that, for the first time ever, I would cook the fresh green beans the way his mom makes them - boiling them in chicken broth and real bacon - rather than steaming them, which is how I always cook them.

I may have created a monster, because he went crazy over them (and I must admit, they were pretty amazing).

After he had finished eating, he opened his laptop to play a game. Seeing my message, he looked at me, confused.

"Thank you for mowing the lawn?" he read aloud. "I didn't mow the lawn."

"You didn't?" I asked, surprised.

"Nope," he confessed.

Turns out my Dad mowed it. Guess I owe Dad a Cajun dinner.

No comments: