Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Week 8


February 20, 2011 - Jack's dad and uncle have been in town all weekend, working on the school, and they have it completely tiled and the front counter and half-wall built. It looks AMAZING. So perfect.


February 21, 2011 - Our kitchen is still a disaster after the moths-in-the-pantry incident. I moved all my flour and things like that to these air-tight canisters. That makes me feel much better about our food. I would really like to put cute little labels on them someday when I have time!


February 22, 2011 - Today my sweet husband picked me up at work and took me to lunch at Jason's Deli. I love having lunch with him, especially these days, when time together is rare. (By the way, in this photo, he's showing me that he "loves me this much pickle," because he gave me half of his pickle when he didn't get one. Which is a pretty big deal in our world, since we both love pickles so much!)


February 23, 2011 - Today, my friend Rachel said she felt weird but didn't know if what she was feeling were contractions or not. I asked if she was having a baby, and she said she didn't know, so I drew her the diagram on the left. Then, Ellyn complained that the diagram didn't apply to her since she was having a c-section, so I sent her the diagram on the right. I am nothing if not helpful.


February 24, 2011 - Today, I was making spaghetti, and I went to break a bundle of it in half, and it came up and scratched my hand. I think this may be the first pasta-related injury anyone has ever gotten.


February 25, 2011 - I can't believe how great the school is looking! Jack's dad and uncle got the cubbies up, and pretty much all that's left is the workout floor! After we visited the school to drop a few things off and take this picture, we headed to Houston for the Humble tournament. It's not a great time to leave, but we're thankful for all the people who stayed behind to help finish up the school!


February 26, 2011 - Today I spent the day sleeping in in our hotel room and then shopping while Jack was at the tournament judging all day. It was just so nice to have some alone-time to relax and recharge. It's been a trying couple of weeks.

No comments: