Monday, May 31, 2010

May 7



Today Brittany and I had a super-busy day!

My day started with a mouse crawling on my ankle on the couch in my brother's basement. Needless to say, I got up really fast and didn't go back down there. I think I'll be sleeping with Brittany upstairs the rest of the trip.

After we got to downtown Boston, we did the entire Freedom Trail (2.5 miles each way), which included all the historic Boston sites, including Paul Revere's house, the Old North Church, Boston Common, Quincy Marketplace, and the Bunker Hill monument. I thought Brittany was going to keel over and die when I made her climb the 294 steps to the top of the Bunker Hill Monument, but we made it and I think it was worth it for the view of Boston that we got at the top.

After all of that, we headed to the Celtics' arena, where my brother gave us a tour of the locker room, broadcast rooms, floor, and other cool stuff like that. Brittany absolutely loved all of that. After that, we watched the Celtics lose a game from free seats and headed home. It was a very long but very fun day.

No comments: