Monday, April 12, 2010

April 12

Photobucket


Today, my husband turned 31 years old. I called him after work and told him that I was grilling burgers and that he was welcome to bring some friends over to celebrate his birthday after work. I figured he’d bring one or two people from his staff, but he doesn’t get home from work until after 10 pm so I figured he wouldn’t invite many people. I got a call a little while later. “Um, 10 people are coming over. Is that okay?” Uh... that wasn’t really what I was expecting, but it’s not like I was going to tell him “no” on his birthday. “Sure!” I replied, “Whoever you want, sweetheart.” And so I headed to the grocery store and got more meat. And more buns. And more beer. And at 10:30 pm on a weeknight, everyone arrived and the party began. And Jack had a blast. Which made it all worth it.

No comments: